Mount Magazine State Park Lodge
This stunningly beautiful Lodge opened in 2006. It's situated on top of Magazine Mountain, the highest point in Arkansas. The elevation is 2,753 feet above sea level. It is easily my favorite place in Arkansas because it's so beautiful and peaceful. If you're interested in learning more about the Mount Magazine State Park and the Lodge you can read my review below, written from my point of view, or head on over to their official website.
My list of pros:
1. The most amazing view!
2. The rooms at the Lodge are top quality and very large.
3. Internet speed is pretty decent.
4. There are several gorgeous cabins to choose from in addition to the rooms at the Lodge. I've always stayed at the Lodge, so I can't tell you much about the inside of the cabins. Maybe next time we will try a cabin.
5. The restaurant at the Lodge has a wonderful view as well as good food. We've never had a bad meal there.
6. There is a large indoor pool, hot tub, and kiddy pool.
7. There are scenic hiking trails to explore nearby. Don't forget to bring bug spray.
My list of cons:
1. I would like to see the Lodge better maintained. I know what it used to look like, and it's a little bit disappointing to see the logs on the balconies in desperate need of sanding and restaining. The beautiful wood on the exterior is drying out.
2. You are a 30 minute drive away from anything. The restaurant closes at 9 pm. If you are a night owl like we are and want a late night snack...either pack your own or get acquainted with the vending machine.
3. Check in isn't until 4 pm. Check out is at 11 am. Housekeeping will not let you sleep in. They will bang on your door bright and early. If you request to hold off housekeeping until 11 am, they will still bang on your door bright and early. It leaves you with the feeling that you're not getting your money's worth with such a late check in and then being woken up in such an abrupt manner each morning.
All pictures taken by and belong to MountVistaPersians©